Education Data Specialist
Researches, writes, and tests data validation rules for various States and Provinces in North America for State submissions in K-12.
- Review documentation from State and PowerSchool to determine what validation rules should be written.
- Discuss processes and State extracts with constituents (PowerSchool State Reporting staff and pilot district staff).
- Examine extracts from PowerSchool to determine what mappings are occurring.
- Write business rules (State Validation rules) in either SQL or pseudocode using latest JIRA standards.
- Write Real Time Validation rules in pseudocode using latest JIRA standards.
- Review rules for State Validation and Real Time validation in JIRA.
- Test SQL-coded rules on a test server.
- Create test case sample data that can be used for demonstrations.
- Document source of validation rules.
- Troubleshoot new and existing rules in WorkFront when clients question them.
- Communicate with prospective and current clients.
- Perform demonstrations online using RingCentral Meetings.
- Provide live demonstrations in front of a group of potential clients.
- Work in a group setting to solve issues, assign tasks and goals.
- Excellent communication and logic skills, both written and verbal, including public speaking experience
- Demonstrated experience with performing and overseeing data submissions in K-12 environments to State Departments of Education
- Demonstrated experience with PowerSchool as a system administrator, min of 3 years
- Training of users/administrators in use of PowerSchool
- Demonstrate an understanding of People/Product/Process within a K-12 setting
- Bachelor’s degree
- Basic to solid database administration experience with SQL (MS, Oracle, MySQL, other)
- Google Apps experience
- Experience using project/task management tools (Jira, WorkFront, MS Project, other)
- Experience in PowerTeacher or Administration of PowerTeacher
- Demonstrated conference teaching and / or large group training
- Relevant certifications
Full Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance for each employee. There are typically ten (10) company paid Holidays in each calendar year and we provide 14 additional Personal Time Off (PTO) days per year. We have a 401k with Safe Harbor election so your contributions will be matched, up to 4% of your pay. We cover your Planet Fitness membership and Costco or Sam's club membership.