Works with Business Analysts and customer staff to build “Connectors”, ETL jobs that move data between K-12 School District (district) applications and systems.
- Analyze applications and systems for basic health, state of synchronization
- Assist business analysts and customer staff to develop specifications for connector projects
- Participate in business requirement interview and review meetings as needed
- Assist with the configuration of import/export functionality in source and target applications
- Implement connector jobs to move data between systems, working together with developer teams
- Implement customer-facing reports
- Seek User Acceptance Testing by working together with project management and customer staff
- Deploy and schedule jobs in production environment
- Troubleshoot issues with production jobs, working directly with customer staff and internal helpdesk resources
- Contribute to shared code libraries
- Contribute to special projects
- Perform other tasks as required
- Demonstrated experience with one or more relational databases (examples: sql server, oracle, MySQL,…)
- Demonstrated experience with java or c#
- Basic software engineering experience (source control, change control, unit testing, monitoring)
- Basic understanding of directory services
- Ability to demonstrate you are humble, hungry, and smart. This means being able to take criticism well; be assertive enough to ask for help; contribute in a team environment; be willing to admit being wrong and learn from any mistakes; stick to an issue or problem and never give up on a customer. This also means not being a jerk.
- PowerShell experience
- Active Directory experience
- Basic to solid windows administration experience
- Web application framework experience (examples: rails, MVC, spring …)
- ETL tool experience (examples: talend, MS SSIS, pentaho …)
- PowerSchool experience
- Groovy/Grails experience
Full Health, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance for each employee. There are typically ten (10) company paid Holidays in each calendar year and we provide 14 additional PTO days per year. We have a 401k with Safe Harbor election so your contributions will be matched, up to 4% of your pay. We cover your Planet Fitness membership and Costco or Sam's club membership.
Salary is commensurate with experience and skills with a starting range from $45k to $60k.